A Family Story

A Family Story

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Bittersweet Cry

Today my Blakelynne did something very bitter sweet. As I placed her in her crib in a half-way sleepy half-way awake state, she rolled over and sat up on her two roly poly arms, just enough to peak over the bed crib bumper and give me the saddest look a baby could muster. I walked out anyway. The screams came. Uncontrollable sobs. My heart has never almost burst with joy and dropped with nervousness all at the same time so much. My love bug now knows if she cries, then I will pick her up. I know I should be worried. What does this say for bedtime for the next....well....years? But tonight, I'm just going to enjoy the simple pleasure that my love bug knows me, misses me, and loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment