A Family Story

A Family Story

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Last Customers

Wednesday evening I had the pleasure of meeting up with my dear friend Leah, and my new friend Cassie. They introduced me to the 'Shaker' at Bodega Coast, a little restaurant on University Drive here in College Station. I had the best time. We talked about our husbands, our kiddos, our lives in general. We stayed out past our bedtime and probably laughed the whole time.

As the end of the night rolled around, we were so engrossed in our conversation (no idea what we were talking about) when a gentleman who I assume is the manager/owner of the business approached our table.

He only said one sentence, "You guys are the last customers, " he smiled and walked away.

We all just thought how funny, and laughed out loud with one another, as we started to look around the restaurant and realized that yes indeed, we were the last customers left.

So, we decided with this new information we should probably head home to our families.

My friend Leah emailed me a second ago to tell me that she learned yesterday (Thursday) that the restaurant had closed down for good.

We literally were THE last customers.

How ironic is that? Kinda sad too. (I feel bad that I laughed now)
At least I got to try the Shaker before it was too late I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment