A Family Story

A Family Story

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Math Overload

I have been trekking on a 'back to school' journey for quite some time now. Originally I was just going back to finish my associates degree. Check. But, I was so close to a bachelor degree that I said to my self, "Self, why not go back and finish all the way?" I laugh at this thought now! ha!

It has been a trek. I use this word because by definition trek means a 'long and difficult' journey. It has been just this.

Two classes stand in my way from getting into Texas A&M. A dream of mine, which is finally now at my fingertips, but still a trek away.

The first one is Math1324. Do not let the name of this class fool you. It should be called The Hardest Calculus/Trigonometry Class Ever Ever needed to get into a university.

The second one is Math 1325. I have not attempted this class yet, but have high hopes of passing 1324 so that I can take 1325 this spring.

I am taking 1324 in a winter minimester. That's right. The Hardest Calculus/Trigonometry Class Ever Ever needed to get into a university I am taking in a span of two and a half weeks. I am there from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. I am in math overload. My mind cannot even function properly at this point and it is only day 3. Two more weeks to go. The countdown is on.

I studied my bottom off for my test last night. Took the Hardest Calculus/Trig Test Ever and made a 65. It was exam one. There are four more exams.

A 65 you may say isn't that bad. But it's almost a slap in the face when you are studying as hard as I am, and this is the grade you turn up?

I keep telling myself I'm not much of a math person, but yet here I am in my everyday profession, a book keeper/accountant/payroll manager/billing department manager. How is this all possible. Ironic I suppose.



"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater"

No comments:

Post a Comment