A Family Story

A Family Story

Friday, May 20, 2011

A Turnip of the Nose

These little guys were left by a dear old client of Bill's the other day

for some of us to pick through and take home.

There were all kinds of yummy vegetables, which I love.

Squash, Zucchinni, Snap Peas, Turnip Greens, and well, Turnips.






However, I personally have never seen an uncooked turnip before.

I believed these little babies to be potatoes.

Yes, I know, I know, how could I mistake this veggie for a potatoe.

I don't know they just look similar to me.






I LOVE potatoes.

Anyway you can make 'em I'll eat 'em.






I can't cook potatoes.

No, really: I am really, really, bad at it.

That's Doug's job.

He makes the best mashed potatoes in the world,

and I'm not just saying that.

It's true.






I decided to mash these guys.

-As if they were mashed potatoes.



Oh my gosh they were horrible.

It was horrible, the whole ordeal was horrible.

Of course I tried to get Doug to save the 'potatoes'

before we realized with every taste as he tried to

add ingredients into the bowl to salvage them, that....

....these bad boys may not be potatoes.





Thank goodness for google.

We learned these bad boys were turnips.

I will NEVER, and I do repeat NEVER make my children eat these.

Oh my goodness.

I've never met a veggie I didn't like.

But the memory of the after taste alone is enough to make me shudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment