A Family Story

A Family Story

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jacee-Kay; Walking in A Winter Wonderland...


I have never seen her  so animated with her friends before.  
And as far as her dancing skills go, she didn't get that from her moma, cause she CAN DANCE.

She was so nervous before she danced that night.  She told me that she didn't know all the moves and what if she messed something up? 

I told her that it would come to her when she was on stage, and she was going to be perfect, that I had faith that she was going to remember all the moves.  

However- with that said, she did have a couple of hiccups in the performance, such as running around the stage and not knowing exactly where to go at certain times.  I was not so much concerned about that, (I personally laughed the whole time) But after wards realized that she may be upset when I pick her up backstage for 'ruining' the performance.  -Although I personally feel that those cute little hiccups make the show BETTER, because it shows their perfect five year old age, but that's just me.  I'm not a competitive 'dance mom' I guess you could say.
I went back stage and saw her with an upset look on her pretty face. 
I asked her when we walked away from the rest of the other girls, 
"Jacee-Kay, what's the matter sweetheart?"  

I was so nervous she would be upset with herself for missing a few dance steps in the dance, and this is what she told me...

"MOM- Oh my goodness, did you see them? Nobody knew where to go or anything!!"

I couldn't believe it.  She didn't realize that she was the one who didn't know exactly where to go.  
In fact she thought everyone else had it wrong.  

All I could do was laugh and say, 
"I know I couldn't believe that, but you all did so well! I'm proud of you all!"
Maybe one day I'll tell her what really happened! 
I wish we had taped this.  It was the one of cutest things I've ever seen. 

 You will see that Jacee-Kay started out on the left side of the stage and ended up on the right side.  
That was not part of the original dance.... =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment