A Family Story

A Family Story

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Look Ma! No Training Wheels!

And She's Off. 

We didn't exactly make it down the street with perfect balance, but HEY, we made it!
 I gave her some valuable advice beforehand...
...Passed down from my mother when she was teaching me how to ride a bike without training wheels.  

And this is how it goes, "Alexa, you are going to fall.  But when you fall, you have to get back on the horse, and try, try, try again."

So, I began with Jacee-Kay, "Jacee-Kay, you are going to fall, and-" 
I was interupted by Jacee-Kay looking at me in horror.
I continued on with the saying as I remembered. 

I think she truly appreciated the truth, but maybe my mom had the right idea by just pushing me down a hill and seeing how I would do. (yes, I fell miserably into a patch of rocks and gravel). But, I learned where I went wrong.

  Anyway, I could NEVER do that to my Jacee-Kay.  She did great, although we didn't go very far, however we DID practice falling.  
And that's an important skill too.

Guess what, she got back on the horse every time.
 

Proud Mommy I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment