A Family Story

A Family Story

Monday, August 9, 2010

It's the morning of your very first day.

1

We have all been there. Butterflies in our stomach, unable to sleep because the next day was so close by. Wondering who you would sit by at lunch, and play with on the playground. Well, pink tu-tu skirt, ballet flats, and a pretty pink bow, made the cut for the very first Pre-K outfit. The big thing right now are the tu-tu skirts, and of course the girlier the better. Grammy saved the day with this one. She had given it to Jacee-Kay as a gift the night before, so we were for lack of a better term, saved by the bell.

I dressed Jacee-Kay around six thirty that morning, and by seven she came into my bathroom as I stood in my robe, applying makeup, and not even close to being dressed myself. She asked in all seriousness, "Mommy, let's go now so we're not late!!" So cute, right?

She was so ready to go to 'big' girl school, that when we pulled up (front row parking) she jumped out of the back seat, waited on me to help her to put her backpack on, and sprinted to the front doors. I did get a little teensy weensy sad. I mean, she's suppose to cling to my leg, and scream and say NO MOMMY dont leave me. I am so proud of her for being so "big" girl about it all, but maybe my baby is a little too big girl. I did tear up when I left the parking lot, but that's only because I realized that my baby is becoming her own little person. And a good person she is.


Jacee-Kay and Mommy:
2

Jacee-Kay and Dougie:
3

At the end of her first day when her "dougie" picked her up from school, the teacher told him that everything had gone really well that day, except for one thing. During art time, Jacee-Kay drew a picture for her "dougie" and, well, it didn't turn out the way she had hoped, so she was disappointed, and just could not give him this picture because it wasn't good enough. Doug brought the picture straight home and pinned it on the refridgerator. Like I always say, what a sweet, little girl we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment