A Family Story

A Family Story

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Birthday fit for a Princess



This year my daughter has turned five years old. Or maybe I should say last year my daughter turned five. Her birthday is December 31st. This year January 1, 2011 fell on a Saturday, and in my past years of birthday experience, confusion sets in for the little ones that their birthday is one day and their party is another. It has always been my practice to have the actual birthday party as close to the actual birthday day as possible. This way it is more special to the birthday girl/boy.


I am also a firm believer that you cannot go overboard on birthday presents or birthday parties. You will only get a few short lived years on throwing birthday parties, and there is no too big or too small you can go!


I have gotten so tired, however, of all the birthday party venues in town charging an arm and a leg just for a place to throw a birthday party for a five year old. Besides, I wanted mroe of an intimate experience anyway. A Backyard bbq with the family and friends, and maybe letting Jacee-Kay dress up in her princess clothes. So that was exactly what we did. We threw a girly dress up themed party. I made arts and crafts for decorations, and spent litterally nothing on them. And Doug made hot dogs and hamburgers, while Lisa, (better known as Grammy these days) brought over some special side dishes for the guests to munch on. Thank goodness for her and Grampy doing that!

I did however, make my special Black-eyed pea dip for goodluck, being that it is the New Year and all.

My friend Alex and I also made Jacee-Kay's cake. The cake itself was the from the box, but the icing was homemade. It was also the very first cake I made myself for Jacee-Kay's birthday party. It may not look like a bakery prepared the cake, but the love that went into it I'm sure means more...right?! Just say yes.



A Candy Flower.


A lovely tissue pom-pom.


This was fun to make, directions below! Super Easy and Super cheap.


All you need is tissue paper, scissors, maybe some glue. I used pearls to strand this from the ceiling to the tissue flower.


I spent two dollars on the tissue paper, and found all the other stuff in a dress up box in Jacee-Kay's closet.


These look alot better than mine, but hey, I'm a begginner!
Check them out!

http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/tissue-paper-pom-poms-how-to?backto=true#slide_0

No comments:

Post a Comment