A Family Story

A Family Story

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Melasma Update




So, it has been roughly about a month since I have been on my skin medication for my Melasma (June 9th through July 6th) and I wanted to update the progress!!!
I have been surprisingly pleased with it!!!
I am using the 'cheap' stuff right now just to test the waters...



here's a before and after.




BEFORE:









Well, My skin isn't back to normal yet, but here is my after one month picture on Hydroquinone:




AFTER:










It is slowly getting back to normal. Well...I guess as normal as it can get...




I am still really self conscience of my face without make up currently...well I mean, I have a sun mustach so who wouldn't be!! :p




I guess we'll see how this looks in another month.




Hydroquinone has helped alot. It only cost $33.00 (dermatologist recommended).


It burns when I'm in sunlight for more than 15 minutes.


I have to wear sunscreen constantly on my face.


I wear neutrogena moisturizing sunscreen on top of the hydroquinone.


Then I wear my make up over that.


My make up also has a sunscreen in it as well.


I'm slathered in sunscreen.


I have learned that the longer I'm in the sun the worse it is for my melasma.


Soooo... it's kinda easy I suppose...




Stay out of the sun...




Wear Sunscreen and hats...




And hope this melasma stuff goes away with this skin medicine.




Cross your fingers...I know I am!








3 comments:

  1. Alexa,
    I couldn't find an email contact for you. I am Dr. Mark Kauffman of the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and have just authored a full history and physical exam text book for students of medicine. Though the text has over 600 photos, the only one left is a picture of melasma. Your before picture would be excellent. would you consider its addition to the text? I would be happy to share all of the details. Could you please contact me mkauffman@lecom.edu. Thank you.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Gladly would consider this for your book. I just emailed you. And Good Luck! -Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexa,
    Is your skin completely free from melasma or do you still use hydroquinone? I am curious because I have heard so many negative things about hydroquinone and that has kept me from using it. Please do share your experience after your treatment finished. Thank you!
    leen

    ReplyDelete