A Family Story

A Family Story

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Story of the Quilt

I own a beautiful quilt. My children love to fight over many items, but this is one of their favorites to argue about. If one has it, then the other one wants it, and vice versa. It is afterall the perfect quilt for the summer, winter, fall, and spring. You can find yourself curled up with a book and this quilt, or maybe a movie. It never fails to keep you warm and cozy, or if you'd prefer you could stick one leg out and not get too warm and cozy.

Fond memories surround this handmade quilt. Many of movie times, of snack times, of baby dolls, of barbie dolls, wet baby hineys fresh from the bath, have laid upon this quilt. This quilt has seen alot of laughter, tears, heartaches, brand new starts, sorrow, joy, and life.



It is the one item in my household that I would like to say has REALLY been 'built to last'.


My favorite coach from High School, who I hold alot of affection towards, is responsible for this wonderful quilt. Her mother made this and gave this this quilt to me as a gift when I visited her, back when I was but 17 or 18 years old.



It is probably the most thoughtful gift anyone has ever given to me, and I have always cherished this quilt. I just love all the memories I get to take in whenever I wrap this quilt around myself or around one of my children. It reminds me of family, and is definately considered a family heirloom in my home.



Thank you to both Mama Clark's for this wonderful family treasure!! =]



My kiddos may fight over this wonderful treasure, however from time to time, I must admit that I am fighting over it too...you better make mama happy right?!!
(who am I kidding, I'm still not the boss?!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment