A Family Story

A Family Story

Thursday, August 30, 2012

First Day of First Grade...

Jacee-Kay was so excited about back to school.  
She would be completely embarrassed if I told you who she was so excited to find in her class...so I'll spare his name here. But she has a huge crush on someone and they ended up in her class.
It must be fate...right?!
Anyways, she looked absolutely stunning on August 27, 2012. 
As always.
 Blakey was just happy to have her very own back pack.  
We bought it last month, but wouldn't let her take it to pre-school yet until Jacee-Kay could take hers. 
She wears it to school EVERYDAY.  
And most of the time there isn't even anything in there. 
It was a big moment for her though.  ;)

 I'm not a huge fan of this picture of me, but the girls look good....I take what I can get these days. 
Plus it didn't help that I had been on the verge of tears all morning just thinking about Jacee-Kay being a big first grader.  I mean, really...a FIRST GRADER!

 He loves his girls. 
 If you'll note Jacee-Kay's twinkle toe shoes.  
All the rage right now and she wanted them so bad.  
So glad she got them!
Of course, Blakey just had to get some too.
She proudly waved them in the air showing her daddy her new shoes. 
so cute!
 First Day of Dance too!
First Day of gymnastics for Jacee-Kay, but sadly she missed it. 
That's a whole nother story.
There were lots of rain, cars, and tears involved. 
But at least one of them made it to class!
I'm slowly learning that being a super mommy means making a few mistakes and not beating yourself up about them. 
Being a super mommy also means making tough choices and realizing that the sun will come out tomorrow. 
Literally and figuratively.
 I just had to add this of Jacee-Kay!  
She dressed herself for 'Meet the Teacher' last week. 
You can't see here, but she had her outfit completed by black boots. 
She has impeccable style (why of course, she is MY child!)
I just wasn't ready for her to look so grown up over night. 
And Doug didn't really help matters much when he added that she looks like a mini version of a pop star!
She does look pretty cute huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment