A Family Story

A Family Story

Monday, February 6, 2012

Carnival

Implementing sticker chart/reward boards has been such a SMART thing to do.  
I owe this idea to Jamie for showing me how wonderful sticker charts can be. 

Of course, I also googled the effects of sticker/reward boards and low and behold "it"-(the internet)
believes that this is one of the best ways to get your child to start being responsible at an early age.  It also helps children form good cleaning/helping habits. 
So far SO GOOD!
I am not surprised, my kids are awesome. ;)
It has also helped cut down on all those unnecessary grocery store toy items. 
 Now, Miss Jacee is having to work hard for all her
 toys and clothes and shoes and scarves.  
It's wonderful.  
So, I knew after the first week of implementing this reward system that the reward needed to be huge if she did great.  
She did great.
Therefore, we just had to make a trip out to the carnival.  
Something Jacee-Kay has wanted to do everytime we drive by the mall.  
Jamie and I may have picked the coldest day EVER to go to the carnival.  
We froze, but we had the carnival to ourselves.  
The kids literally could run from ride to ride to ride without lines or without us having to 
worry about losing them.  
They were the only kids there.
I'd say it was a success.
A great memory which is what I want her childhood to be about.
Great Memories.
On the way home in the car, Jacee-Kay said, "Thank you mommy.  I had the best day."
The cold, sleeting, scary ferris wheel was all worth those words.
"You deserved it Jacee-Kay."
=) And she really does.

There is something unsettling about your child sitting in a swing, high, in the sky, sideways.  I was not a fan of these, but the kids sure loved it.  I really couldn't watch.  I'm a cry baby.




A roller coaster that was a little on the scary side??!!  Jamie and I rode this with the kids. HA! I was saying, "Oh it can't be that bad, it just goes around in a circle."  Well, no, it goes in a CRAZY circle and it zips around so fast you think you might fly off.  I couldn't even ride the baby coaster....how am I gonna make it through the teenage six flag years? 

This is my kind of ride right here.  I am glad she's not a scardy cat like her mommy is.  But I could've just stayed by the merry-go-round all day.  This is more my cup of tea.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment